Thursday, December 20, 2007


Royal Oak, MI - I've gone to Red Coat Tavern several times for their delicious burgers and phenomenal selection of excellent beer. However, we rarely get desert there. Why? We broke the glass ceiling and took the plunge. The first picture is of Hot Fudge Cream Puff, which turned out to be very good. It is an ice cream puff with vanilla ice cream, then smothered in hot fudge. It was very good, but not excellent. It was a little difficult to eat because of the puff part, but otherwise, a good standard dessert. Its a good thing we had chosen a second dessert and had the Ice Cream Burger. Basically a fantastic ice cream cookie sandwich. The cookies were not as soft as I hoped, but once it started to thaw, delicious. It was covered in chocolate and caramel with vanilla ice cream. When you go, get it, you won't be disappointed. Enjoy!

2 comments:

kerrnal said...

Ah, Food Fanatic, I disagree. The hot fudge cream puff was much superior to the cookie sandwich. Too much chocolate on chocolate on the cookie dish for me. I like the contrast in the cream puff. Difficult to eat? You bet. Worth it? Oh Yeah. For me, Melting Moments sets the ice cream sandwich standard... and Red Coat didn't quite measure up. However, the company was superior!

Food Fanatic said...

Oh Kerrnal, I loved your comments! Interesting. Too much chocolate? I never knew there was such a thing. I'll give you the cream puff had excellent contrast, but I'm not sure if the cookie doesn't measure up to Melting Moments. Melting Moments doesn't pour hot fantastic chocolate that makes you salivate the minute you see it, on their cookies.

However, the food was great, but you are absolutely right that the company was the best!