Thursday, December 13, 2007



Boston, MA - I never start an entry with a picture of the place, but this one had to. This is the Union Oyster House in downtown Boston. It is known to be the oldest restaurant in the US. It's surprisingly larger than you think from the outside. No surprise, they are known for their seafood and I had to experience it. To begin, I had to have their homemade fresh claim chowder. It was so full of flavor, I couldn't believe it. It had huge chunks of claims in it. You couldn't miss it. For an entree, I had the Broiled Seafood Platter. Our server recommended I try that to get the full experience of their food. It came with swordfish, salmon, scallops, scrod, and shrimp. I was very satisfied with the salmon and shrimp. They were prepared very well and had excellent flavor. This was the first time I had scrod, so I didn't know what to expect. It was a very soft flavored fish, similar to cod where there's not a whole lot to experience. Therefore, I couldn't say if it was great or not. The swordfish was decent, but not the best. It was prepared probably too well for my taste. Lastly, the scallops were delicious. They were certainly my favorite part of the plate and had only hoped that the plate had more. They were prepared perfectly and seasoned excellently. If you get a chance to go, GO! I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and the food. Enjoy!

No comments: