Monday, December 17, 2007


Boston, MA - I'm working around downtown Boston looking for a place to eat with my colleague. More or less wandering around, taking in the place, when we accidently found ourselves in China Town. Alright, we'll find a place to eat here. It was recommended to check out May's Cake House, which was one of the below ground little bakeries. We never would have found it on our own. It was worth it. There's nothing better than Dim Sum for breakfast. I know the pictures are terrible, but bear with me on this. The first picture is a sesame ball, deep fried rice cake with sweet mashed black beans in the middle, which was completely unexpected, but very good. That's right, black beans. I had no idea what it was until my friend in NY told me about it. It complimented the race cake very well.
The next picture is of a Chinese sausage dim sum. It was interesting, but just ok. It was a very doughy type bun with a ordinary sausage in the middle. It was better than the picture, I swear, but I wouldn't get it again.
The last was the best of the three. It was a very large doughy outside, with chicken and egg in the middle. The really nice touch to it was that it had a full shiitake mushroom on top of the chicken and egg in the middle. The only part that wasn't too good was how much dough was used on the outside. Other than that, very good, I would definitely get again. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lee Seelig said...

Hey, R., What are you doing in Boston? Union Oyster House is great. I finally went there on my last visit to Beantown. (I've even lived there, but had never gone.) The thing with the sesame seeds is a blackbean donut. You read that right. Blackbeans. Sweetened, of course.

Food Fanatic said...

I had a conference there. I figured I should eat some good food while I'm wondering around the city. Oh, you've been there! What a great place! Oh, so it's blackbean. I didn't know that. I'll have to update the blog so it is correct now. I'm glad you're editing my stuff! :)