Monday, December 10, 2012


Alexandria, VA -  La Madeleine French Bakery & Cafe; What's wrong with having a French bakery right outside the hotel? Wanting to visit it each morning and devour every pastry in the showcase.

I wish I could comment on all of them but I have to stick with the parfait and crepe romanoff.

One absolutely shocking piece of information, yet unfortunately valuable was the caloric count signs next to the pastries. WHY?! But thank you. It was extremely helpful to learn the pastries that I really wanted and how I shouldn't be getting them.

The parfait was very large and well balanced with sweetness and crunch. The berries are a nice fresh touch to the yogurt. The house made granola topping has the right amount of portion to mix well with the whole parfait.

The crepe romanoff is a sweet crêpe topped with fresh strawberries with brandy sour cream sauce and cinnamon. It's a nice light crepe, thin and not really filling at all if you were to eat it by itself. Get some other protein with it and you'll be all set.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

I've been to that place! There was a La Madeleine by my apartment in Baton Rouge that I adored. Their menu changed some over the years and they took away the best.French toast in the world but I like thwir coffee, food and atmosphere. The next time I am near a La Madeleine's I would not hesitate to eat there again.

Food Fanatic said...

I remember that place too! I loved it when you took us there. It was so good. That's exactly why I had to go here because of our trip with you. :)