Tuesday, May 31, 2011



San Antonio, TX; El Mirador Restaurant - I arrived in San Antonio and just about everyone tells me to make sure I get a puffy taco before I leave. El Mirador gave me the first shot at it. Here we go, what I've been waiting for since I arrived.

Lets start by saying that we were able to sit out on their wonderful patio taking in the breeze and fresh air. Ok, margaritas are flowing and all around at almost each table. The puffy taco arrives, one chicken and one beef. I ate the first one, which one was it, not really sure since I don't remember, and on to the second, yeah, the same feeling. The shell had the "puffy"ness to it, but it was still soggy and very greasy. If I'm going to feel guilty in eating something like this, let it knock my socks off so I could care less about how unhealthy it is. Now I just ate an artery clogging dish and didn't even really taste anything. My verdict, not very good and hope to try the puffy taco somewhere else.

Wait, wait, it's not over. They are able to salvage the 1, maybe 1.5 star rating into a 3! All credit goes to the Chamade Vegetarian Enchiladas. Ok, now we're talking about a truly unique dish with a fist full of flavor. These aren't standard enchiladas with bean and cheese, but unique flavors and wonderful ingredients. They are potato filled, but it's the sauce you want. It has this wonderful citrus undertone with fantastic cheeses and assortment of greens to compliment it. I had to give my compliments to the chef on this dish. This could easily turn carnivores into omnivores. Enjoy!

No comments: