Monday, May 30, 2011



San Antonio, TX; Twin Sisters Bakery and Cafe - The draw to the Twin Sisters was the sweet potato muffins. I have a weak spot for sweet potatoes, so all you have to say is that its used in some unusual fashion and I'll show up. On this case, they didn't disappoint. However, on the other levels, they missed their mark.

This is a nice little place to stop in for a breakfast that's off the regular path downtown. I tried the Huevos Rancheros and overall, not too bad. I would have given the place three stars for it. It was average, I ate the whole thing. They would have also received three, maybe four stars with the muffin because I thought it was pretty tasty. However, where they lost a star was the Huevos Rancheros came with one tortilla shell. I could purchase more, but could I at least get three maybe? There was no way I could extend the life of that poor single tortilla, I'm setup to fail. The other hit against them was that the place wasn't that clean. We sat at a table in the window, nice view, but noticed there was food on the floor, little pieces of scraps. Ya, not what I really wanted to see while I eat. Enjoy!

No comments: