Saturday, May 12, 2007

Royal Oak, MI - Time for adventure eating. I've never had food from Nepal, so when I saw the restaurant Kathmandu Chullo, Nepali food, I almost pulled over immediately to try this out. I was patient and waited to find a parking spot for this place, ended up parking illegally, but it was worth it. It is a very authentic restaurant with the food and atmosphere being very traditional. In side, you take your shoes off, sit on the floor to eat, and everything is made from scratch and fresh ingredients. Therefore, the food takes a little longer to prepare, but good things come to people who are patient. This dish is called Biratnagar Chana, chickpeas sauteed with tomato sauce. The spices the owner told me uses is lots of tarragon and cumin. The dish is filling and flavors I don't think I've had before combined. The best way to describe the dish is that it is an explosion of flavor in your mouth. It's not like many dishes at restaurants where the flavor is good, but not a lot of it there. Not the case at all, it fills your mouth with flavor and I would definitely recommend the dish and restaurant. Enjoy!

2 comments:

motorfamilymotorcityman said...

Awesome blog!! You should explain to the owner of the Nepalese place that you have inspired more customers - I will be visiting soon! Keep up the great postings.

motorfamilymotorcity

For more Royal Oak / Detroit stuff...
http://motorfamilymotorcity.blogspot.com/

Food Fanatic said...

Thanks, I will! You've just inspired me to go out to eat again! I saw your beer blog! Man, that's great! I'll have to pick up a few of those trader joes wheat beer!