Monday, March 19, 2007

New York, NY - Only in New York can you find Sri Lankan food. This was such a great find. My friend and I had never had Sri Lankan food before. It was not only uniquely presented, but the taste was also uncommon. The top picture was Fish Cutlet appetizer. It was very much like hush puppies, but with a heavy fish flavor. The main dish is the second picture, which was called String Hopper Katthu. It was similar to a fried rice with shredded, but pulled beef. The meat was prepared in a way I've never had before. It had lots of veggies in it as well, such as carrots, onions, and green peppers. The interested part of it was the sauce that you poured on it. In the second picture, you can see a bowl of broth basically. You poured it all directly on top of the fried rice dish. The flavor was a light and soft tasting beef broth. By itself, OK but not very good. In conjunction with the String Hopper Katthu, very good. I would love to try out some more Sri Lankan food. I hope I get the opportunity. Enjoy!

No comments: