Friday, October 13, 2006



















Lansing, MI - When fall approaches, some cities have one of my favorite festivals, chili cook offs. This year, Lansing did a chili cook off along the river trail with over 40 restaurants offering their chili. Here are four samples from the festival. I had some mild ones and I even had one that was so hot, I couldn't finish it and I love spicy food. So, you can imagine how hot it was. The top two were very good and they were presented well, some fritos or corn ships. One of my favorites was from Mitchells Fish Market that was a seafood chili with wasabi sauce on top. That is the second to last picture. It was very good and the wasabi sauce complimented it very well. The last picture was a vegetarian chili that was delicious. They had about ten to fifteen vegetarian restaurants, so if you're a vegetarian, don't avoid the festival. So, if you get a chance to go to a cook off, take your appetite and don't burn your taste buds too much. Enjoy!

No comments: