Thursday, September 12, 2013

 
West Hollywood, CA - Sweet Lady Jane Bakery; Walked right past this place and the desserts in the window were enough to convince me to walk in and start eating. I couldn't settle on one item and any place that makes rugelach, I have to try it

Starting with the Chocolate Chip and Cinnamon Rugelach. It is made well and was a worthy rugelach. The outside coating of cinnamon was backed in well and the inside was still soft and moist. If they sit too long, they get dried out, but it was still fresh.

When a cannoli like the Janolie is in the case, anyone in their right mind would not walk past it and ignore it. It was cannoli-like style pastry with white chocolate mousse and a florentine cookie. The dark chocolate at each end is perfect to close off each side. The white chocolate mousse is slightly on the sweeter side because of the white chocolate, but not overwhelming. The star in this cannoli was the florentine cookie. It has this wonderful crunch to it and I think the flavor is better than the standard deep fried cannoli shell. If I had the choice between the two, I would pick the florentine each day of the week and twice on Sunday.

No comments: