Friday, September 20, 2013

Eastern Market, Detroit, MI - Corridor Sausage Co; You can try sausages from one place to another and there will be some variation, but small. You may detect a hint of a different flavor here and there. Well, it's time to change. It's time for a sausage that doesn't taste like any other one you've had. The flavors will make you close your eyes and think about what a wonderful world,....oh I mean, sausage it is. Yes, that good. I don't hand out five stars for any reason.

These sausages are locally produced in Detroit with pasture raised meats and all poultry coming from MI. They use non GMOs and fresh herbs, which you will tell immediately by tasting these delicious herbs in every bite.

My absolute favorite so far is the Turkey & Red Mole that has tomatillo, chilies, cocoa nibs, raisins, sesame, and spices. The intense flavors of these ingredients really shines with this sweet and slightly spicy mixture. Nothing compares. My latest love from them is the Apple, Sage & Pork that has dried apples, coriander, sage, and maple. This is giving the turkey and red mole a run for its money. This one reaches a little higher on the sweetness factor and less on the spicy side as compared to the mole. The sweetness is still controlled and not overwhelming. When eating these side by side, determining which bite to end with was extremely difficult. I believe you'll fumble with the eternal question as well.

Unfortunately I have not been able to find them in any stores, only at the farmers markets in Royal Oak and Eastern Market. They may be at others as well, not sure. They always have samples out, take advantage of all the options and find the one that makes you reach your happy place, it won't be just one, I promise.

1 comment:

Wendy Klik said...

I just happened across your blog. I love going to different restaurants and trying new foods and I also live in Michigan so I am happy to find someone local to recommend new places to me. Thanks