Friday, September 20, 2013

 
 
Detroit, MI - Green Dot Stables; Throw out the idea of a traditional slider, the look, texture, and flavor. Now throw out the menu and replace it with an updated modern flare, opposite textures, and outstanding flavors. Why would I ever want a traditional slider now.

I've now tried their Corned Beef, Hot Brown, BCT, Korean, Lamb, Bologna, Cuban, Truffle Fries, Tempeh, Mystery Meat (changes daily, Blackened Ahi Tuna, Lobster Claw on the days I was there), Le Poutine, Gyro, PB&J W/ Bacon, and Buffalo Chicken.

It's difficult to describe each one, but one of my favorites so far is the corned beef. Their Mustard Aioli is perfect with the corned beef. It has great contrast of the tart mustard and the saltiness of the corned beef. You'll wish it wasn't the size of a slider, more like a huge deli sandwich since its so good. The other surprising slider is their Tempeh. This is a slider that will make every vegetarian salivate and love each bite. It has a thick cut of tempeh and wasabi mayo with wakame salad. Be prepared to lick your fingers clean after eating this slider. It truly is an excellent harmony of texture and flavor.

Green Dot is the only place I want to have sliders now. In my mind it is the ONLY place for sliders. It has variety, originality, flavor, excitement, and texture. I need no more.

No comments: