Saturday, August 17, 2013

 
Los Angeles, CA - Wahoo's Fish Tacos; A fast food Mexican restaurant that I never heard about, but my coworker pointed it out to me to try. With it being basically a fast food joint, I had rather low expectations. Sometimes its nice to have low expectations to have them exceeded.

I tried two tacos, one fish and one vegetarian. The Fish Taco had a corn tortilla, cheese, cabbage, and grilled white fish. I expected dried out cubed pieces of fish, but found nicely grilled fish that was still juicy and had a s ma ll charred grilled flavor. I should also point out its nice to see corn tortilla shells instead of flour.

Vegetarians, you have a pretty tasty taco here, so feel free to join your omnivorous friends. The Tofu Taco came on a corn tortilla with lettuce and  Polynesian marinade sauté. They use extra firm tofu so its not mushy. The star here is the marinade that sweetens the taco making you lick your chops.

Its fast, simple, delicious, and accommodating.

No comments: