Saturday, August 17, 2013

Los Angeles, CA - Holy Aioli; The truck has some unique menu items that drew lots of passersby. The Buffalo Blu caught my interest having chicken, garlic aioli, bleu cheese, buffalo sauce, caramelized onions, sliced apples, on a ciobatta bun. The combination of the buffalo sauce, bleu cheese, and apple slices should be excellent together.

Well, it was ok, but I had higher expectations. I anticipated the buffalo sauce to have more of a presence and maybe more heat as well. The apples should have given it more flavor, but unfortunately you could barely taste them. I was hoping its sweet flavor would come through more, but it didn't.

It's was an okay sandwich with potential. With their creative menu pairings, I would try it again and hope they deliver more complex flavors.

No comments: