Wednesday, April 17, 2013

 
 
 
San Diego, CA - Rama; We started with Fresh Spring Roll with Tofu. The vegetables inside were nice and fresh, but it was a stand fresh spring roll, nothing fancy, no surprises.

The Papaya Salad is always nice to try since its not a ubiquitous item on menus. It had green beans, cherry tomatoes, roasted peanuts, Thai chili and garlic. What's nice about papaya salads is that people automatically expect it to be sweet because it's a salad primarily made of a fruit. However, it's nice to surprise people and especially when you see their, they get this look of, wait a minute, I wasn't expecting that at all.

The Pad Thai Tofu was a typical pad thai, it has their own flavor spectrum for their peanut sauce, but nothing out of the extreme ordinary. The key here is if you like the standard flavor of pad thai, then it's a good dish for you. It will have all the familiar flavors. It had rice noodles with egg, bean sprouts, tofu, onions, lime and peanuts.

Lastly, I tried the Kanaa Moo Krob, crispy pork belly, kai lan, and garlic. The pork belly is what attracted me. You say, pork belly, I say let's get it. Pork belly, let's get it. However, I wish I hadn't. It was over cooked and too chewy. It had so much potential. The sauce was good, but I don't just want to drink a dish, I want to enjoy the substance of it, which I couldn't. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad to where I would send it back or throw it away, it just wasn't a four or five star dish.

No comments: