Sunday, August 26, 2012


Gross Pointe Farms, MI - Morning Glory Coffee & Pastries; From the outside, walking by, you may not appreciate the decor inside or the variety of wonderfully looking treats. After spending a lengthy evening at a near-by restaurant hanging out with a friend, then coming here for dessert, I wish we would have come here in the beginning.

When you walk in, you will appreciate their efforts in decor, old bookstore or library setting,  and making you feel relaxed immediately. It is a very nice and cute setting. I wanted to sit in here, drink my coffee, read a book or spend time with friends.

It is difficult to not order everything in their showcase, but finally decided on the mousse bomb and beignet with chocolate sauce . It is a very nice rich mousse filling with a dark chocolate ganache shell. It had a pleasant mousse texture, sweetness and taste. If I only had this and I would have given them four stars. However, they lost a star on their beignets. It wasn't the worst beignets I've had, but it wasn't the best either. You'll enjoy each bite, but it will not make your eyes roll back. They are not prepared to order so I think ours was made in the morning and had gone stale. The sauce saved it from it being a complete loss. I hope they are better in the morning.

I'm looking forward to trying more here or at least sitting inside and enjoying the environment.

No comments: