Thursday, August 09, 2012



Ann Arbor, MI - This is the real deal if you want it to be. You can get the American Chinese food if you wish but why when they offer real Chinese that allows you to experience the culture. I heard they offered pigs ears and knew I had to try that. I stopped in to JUST try the pigs ears and ended eating that, pigs intestines, and pork hock with jelly fish. I would have tried more except I already eaten dinner before stopping in for "desert". Lol.

This food will excite your eyes, challenge your imagination, and wow your taste buds. The pigs ears, I didn't even know what it would look like or how it's prepared, but learned quickly that it's sliced thinly and prepared in a delicious spicy Chinese sauce. They are a bit chewy, which is what I expected, but not as bad as I thought. It was much more tender than I imagined. It was a great start.

The pig intestines were prepared with the same marinate and spices as BBQ spare ribs. BBQ flavored, not really spicy at all, but also served with some salt to dip it in. The salty and sweet of the two work really well. It does have a gritty'ish flavor, I mean it is intestines, so expect that. It however was better tasting than other intestine dishes were I had them just sautéed or cooked in sauces.

Lastly was the pork hock and jelly fish. The pork hock was actually nothing special, great tasting, but not some crazy exotic flavor to shock you. It's like eating some pieces of pork. The jelly fish add some flavor and mostly texture to the pork. They are also marinated well, sweet, to help compliment the pork's heartiness.

The staff was amazing. They were so helpful in helping us pick some of the dishes, even though they were laughing at us the ehole time. Lol. I think they were so excited to see these non-Chinese patrons eating this food.

It's worth the drive to Ann arbor, I would easily do it again.

No comments: