Saturday, June 11, 2011


San Antonio, TX - Boardwalk Bistro; The description of two stars fits perfectly, "I've experienced better." It's perfect. I selected this place because it stood out as a place for vegetarians. Well, I guess they have vegetarian options, but the real question is, are they delicious vegetarian options? My vote goes for eeeehhhh.

The description of their Grilled Tofu Salad sounded much better than it looked or tasted. It's description is: "A large Caesar platter topped with artichoke heart, fresh grated parmesan cheese, roma tomato and strips of grilled tofu". It would have been much better if they did something with the tofu. I don't even know if it was grilled or not. It didn't taste like it. It looked and tasted as though I opened the package of tofu, heated it up and put it on top of the salad. It didn't have any grill charred marks, nor any seasonings to give it flavor.

My wife had the pita works, grilled vegetables on a pita with a side of tabbouleh. The vegetables were ok, but the tabbouleh, huge miss. You can't cut up parsley and call it tabbouleh. It still has to be prepared correctly and once again, the flavor just wasn't there.

BB would receive one star, but I gave it two because at least they do have multiple vegetarian options. Many places have one or two options on the menu, and at least here they had almost a dozen.

I also didn't really care for the inside decor much. It felt like an trip into Threes Company at the Regale Beagle. Kind of funny at the same time.

No comments: