Tuesday, March 11, 2008




Dedza, Malawi - Another cultural influence in Malawi is Indian. There are several dishes you'll find with curry and a little kick. Well, the first picture is Poppadom, it is an Indian wafer or sometimes describes as a cracker or flatbred. It is made with lenitl, chickpea, black gram, or rice flour topped with tomatoes and mangos. It was nice and lite, with fresh fruits, and surprising, it had a little spicy kick to it. If you get a chance to go to the Pottery Lodge in Dedza, try it out. The second dish is another appetizer, deviled eggs. Actually, it turned out to be just that and nothing special, so I don't recommend it. The last picture is of the main dish, Chicken Curry. It turned out to be a lot more chicken curry than I noticed from the looks of it because there was actually more underneath the rice. Overall the dish was good, but they added an interesting ingredient, sugar on top. I didn't expect it and I'm not sure why, but it made the dish a little more sweet. I also ordered it spicy level of Hot, but I didn't think it had a strong kick. I may have noticed that it had something, but it definitely wasn't hot. If I had the chance of being there again, I would try something else. Enjoy!

No comments: