Monday, July 17, 2006

Southfield, MI - Deserts are an important part of a meal or just a snack. This desert is from the same deli as the new dill pickles in Southfield, MI called Star Deli. This is a jewish desert called Rougalah. Oh man is it delicious. Some places have these, but make sure you get it home made. It makes a big difference for freshness and FLAVOR. I believe a few of them were either apricot, cinnamon, or blueberry. They have crystallized sugar on the top and a flaky dough shell. Try one if you get a chance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew I should have had more for breakfast than a bowl of cereal before checking out your site. The Rougalah looks really tasty. Blueberry sounds perfect right now.

The new dill pickles sound intriguing. I'm so-so on pickles but adore garlic, so I'd be tempted to at least sample one. Phil is a pickle freak so I'm sure he'll be interested in these new dill pickles. I've slowly been converting him to the garlic, garlic, and more garlic mindset with food.

Food Fanatic said...

Our favorites are the apricot and blueberry as well. Sometimes they have poppyseed, it's good, but not as good as the others.

Yeah, you definitely have to check out the new dill pickles. They are by far the best pickles to have. The pickle is really more like a cucumber, it's still crunchy and tons of garlic flavor! The next time you're here, I'll take you to a place that has them, wow are they good!