Thursday, July 13, 2006

Lansing, MI - This little Korean restaurant in Lansing MI called Rivi's Deli not only has fantastic bulgogi, but has amazing customer service. This is true customer service when I spoke with the owner and asked her what other Korean dishes she makes. This is a small deli and only two or three Korean dishes on it, the rest is American deli food. She said, "well, I'll make what ever you want" All I have to do is come up with the name of a dish I would like to try and she will do it. She said to try the Kimchi Stew next time, so I think I'll have to try that one. As for this dish, Bulgogi is very thin sliced beef marinated and sauteed with the vegetables. The meat is so tender and flavorful. Her bulgogi was actually had a bit of a sweet taste, which was refreshing since I ordered it spicy. It was definitely hot, but it had this slightest sweet flavor that made it perfect.

No comments: