Monday, March 18, 2013

San Diego, CA - Hash House A Go Go; I heard the dishes here are big, wait, maybe people said huge. I think the way they put it was HUGE. I also heard that its a must when you're in San Diego. Expect at least a nice 30-45 minute wait.

I saw the pancakes arriving at near-by tables. I started getting very worried to see that people were right. They were HUGE, basically the size of the table. When my Artichoke and Spinach Hash, I was relieved to see that it wasn't the size of the table, but I still knew I couldn't finish it. Don't you hate when you try someone elses dish at the table, taste yours, then spend the rest of the meal wishing you were the other person? Comparing mine to my wife who had their hot sticky granola with milk & mixed fresh fruit, I would have preferred to eating hers. Not that mine was bad. The dish is made well with the potatoes nicely cooked, fresh eggs, and great artichokes and sun dried tomatoes. My main issue with the dish is that there were too many sun dried tomatoes. It overpowered every other ingredient to where each bite all you found taste was the tomatoes.

I don't think I would order this one again, but I would love to try some other dishes there though.

No comments: