Wednesday, March 14, 2012





Orlando, FL - Pao Gostoso Bakery; I accidentally found this bakery, THANK YOU YELP! I was getting worried that the "Orlando Convention City" had only chain restaurants and nothing to offer in the culinary arena. Pao Gostoso, you redeemed the city.


The aroma hits you when you walk in and if that sense wasn't good enough, your sense of sight will get you interested. Most people working there speak English, if you happen to get someone who doesn't, just ask and another person will help. I would recommend asking them to help you pick out what you want. I did and I'm so happy! She immediately said I had to try the coxinha, chicken and cheese ball. The lady mentioned that its extremely authentic Brazilian and the cheese is imported from there. When you start to eat it, its worth saying OMG. Cutting it open, the cheese starts to slowly ooze out and eating it has a crunch from the fried shell, but inside was the delicate warm cheese with the flavor of chicken. I could of stopped there and been happy, but there was more to salivate over.

I try the x-tudo burger (everything burger). When they say an everything Brazilian burger, they really mean it. Meaning, it contains your big-a%$s patty, fried egg, slice of ham, bacon, fried little chips that look like fried onion chips, and lettuce. You can't eat this whole thing. Really! It's not far off from going to a Brazilian steak house with all the meat, just smashed between the buns. Outstanding and outrageous. :)

I saved the caramel wet pastry (pao ensopado) for later, but that may have been a mistake. The lady told me that while it's being made, it's dipped into a cream to keep it moist. It probably would have been better eaten immediately, but since I saved it until later that evening, it was really soggy on the bottom. In addition, the caramel could have been more throughout the pastry, not just on top like a little button, but still not bad to try overall.
I finished off with their little chocolate pastry cookie. It was very similar to a no-bake cookie, having the same flavor and texture. It was a nice treat at the end of the lunch that I probably over ate at.

No comments: