Wednesday, March 14, 2012



Orlando, FL - David's Club Bar & Grill; David's is one of those hotel restaurants where you arrive to the hotel, everything in the area is closed and you say, well, David's is the only place open, should we just try there? Well don't, order room service, go down the street, go to bed hungry, just don't waste your money here.


I tried two items, the fried green tomatoes and the shrimp and chorizo flatbread. The tomatoes were nicely fried, good sweetness to it. Where it falls short is the dressing. I was hoping for their version of ranch or a zest to it, not some Hidden Valley Ranch out of the bottle. Nothing against Hidden Valley, it's just dressing that I have at home, not one David's should be serving. I expect more.

Don't bother ordering the shrimp and chorizo flatbread. This dish took me back to the old commercial, "Where's the beef?" Seriously, there was a paper-thin slice of "what they call chorizo" underneath each piece of shrimp, like five or six shrimp. After eating several slices, I thought they forgot to include the chorizo until I picked up the piece of shrimp and saw the tiniest thinly cut slice of chorizo. I can't imagine this being made on the premises since it was perfectly round (store bought). They could have at least chopped it up and sauteed it.

Some of the seating areas are not conducive to eating either. They do have adequate seating, but if you want to sit by some of the TV's, you're on couches reaching for the table of food.

No comments: