Sunday, April 19, 2009

West Bloomfield, MI - There's one thing that Detroit doesn't have a shortage of, and that's Greek restaurants. Detroit has them all over the place. It allows you to get very good Greek food virtually any time and any place around. This time I tried a place called Honey Tree with some friends. I had the Gyro Plate that had the gyro meat, typically lamb, fresh tomatoes and onions, Greek pita bread, gyro sauce (typically a yogurt base with either cucumber or garlic mixed in), and rice with tomato sauce on top. At first, I admit I didn't think the place was going to have a good gyro plate, but they proved me wrong. The gyro, veggies, sauce, and pita were excellent, but the rice was so so. It didn't have a ton of flavor and just a bit too bland for my taste. If I were to get it again, I would just get the whole thing minus the rice. The gyro, the main attraction, was definitely up to par, was deliciously prepared and seasoned well. Enjoy!

No comments: