Saturday, December 30, 2006

Ferndale, MI - After some advice from some of my blog viewers, we had to try out the Ethiopian restaurant Blue Nile in Ferndale. I like the atmosphere, very cool and it goes without saying, the food was TASTY! I think Altu's in Lansing is better, but it was still very good. This is a veggie selection, I couldn't tell you the real names, but I'll describe each one. If the dish were a clock (for identifying the position), at 9 o'clock, is yellow peas and potatoes (good, but a little bland), 10/11 o'clock spicy peas (excellent, one of the best items), 1 o'clock veggies (not bad at all), 2 o'clock lentils in horseradish (new for me and very good), 3 o'clock collard greens (also new to me and very good), 5 o'clock cabbage (pretty good), and in the center is salad with their special dressing (I love the dressing). It is all sitting on the special bread, which is very light and spongy. I liked their bread, but it didn't have a lot of flavor which I'm use to. All together, very good. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you liked the Blue Nile. Most of the Ethiopian restaurants that I've eaten at have been in DC. The Blue Nile was one of the only Detroit area ones I knew. They have some good wines at the Blue Nile in addition to the tasty food.

Anonymous said...

i like this place too but i think it's too expensive!!

Food Fanatic said...

I agree, it was alittle on the pricy side, but it was still pretty tasty though.