Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Royal Oak, MI - Ahan Thai; I did a quick pop in here for a snack and tried their Fresh Spring Rolls. The rolls can be a good representation of what their other food may be like depending on freshness of the vegetables, aromatic-ness of the herbs, and the texture of the rice noodle wraps.

The wraps were fresh and not dried out. They were stuffed with vegetables and noodles with them almost ready to pour out. The herbs were fresh with nice aromas when biting into it. The sauce was slightly different than other places. This one had a bit of a smokey hint to it. It was refreshing to have a slightly different flavor and to see they put their own touch into their sauce.

The fresh wraps gives you a welcoming feeling to come back and try an entree now. I hope it has the same freshness and fresh herbaceous flavors the wraps had. I'm not sure if it was my timing or not, but I was the only customer in the restaurant. I hope that is not a bad sign.

No comments: