Saturday, June 22, 2013

Franklin, MI - Franklin Grill; After driving past this place several times while going through the cute tiny downtown of Franklin, it was time to try it. They have have nice patio in the back to enjoy the afternoon or evening outside.

I tried their Salmon Salad, since I was in the mood for a dish on the lighter side. It had fresh greens and surprised by the inclusion of asparagus. It gave it a nice touch in flavor and crunch.

I usually order the dressing on the side, but neglected to ask. I was pleasantly surprised and thrilled to find they only placed a nice thin drizzle of dressing. The lettuce was not swimming in it. The dressing had a nice flavor and the salad also included roasted walnuts for that crunchy texture.

The disappointing element was the fish-stick looking pieces of salmon. The way its cut, I would swear they were fish-sticks. Fine, as long as it taste better than my childhood fish-sticks. Well, if the salmon were seasoned, I would accept its poor looks. It just wasn't flavorful. It was bland fishy salmon flavor. Thank goodness for the tasty dressing to help the fish, it couldn't stand alone.

The salmon would have received two stars independently, but the rest of the elements helped it barely reach three stars.

No comments: