Sunday, February 10, 2013

Philadelphia, PA - Amuse; Rather having lunch from the conference buffet, I thought I would abandon that ship and sail off on Amuse. This single experience at Amuse made me want to go back and try everything.

After placing my order, the server starts me off with their Chef's Welcome Palate Cleanser, sliced radish with supposedly salted butter. They could have saved this and would have received a five-star rating on the sandwich. This was a disappointment. I don't believe it offered any kind of cleanser. Presentation was nice, but it was just a raw radish slice with unsalted butter. Yikes.

The Pulled Pork Sandwich gets five star, no questions asked. The pork is deliciously marinated and extremely tender, served on a brioche bun. It doesn't have any of those fried onion strips that other places use to add texture. They use house made giardinera vegetables that are in a vinegar marinade.  These vegetables alone make the pork and the whole sandwich sing. You'll take a bite and you'll get the perfect marriage of vinegar crunch from the vegetables to the bbq tender pork. Seriously, I wish this sandwich could come in a foot long version, I would eat the whole thing.

The sandwich is served with Pommes Frites. Although presented attractively and spiced adequately, they were a bit soggy. Either they sat in the back, it wasn't cooked to order, or under cooked, they didn't have a nice crunchy outside. Too bad, after the sandwich, I had extremely high hopes for everything else.

No comments: