Friday, May 25, 2012


Detroit, MI - Jacques' Tacos; I'm going to keep on driving by.  I'm a sucker for good food trucks and probably would stop at a good one even if I just ate and was full.  However, Jacques, I tried at the Royal Oak Food Truck Rally and it was almost a one star'er.  Maybe it's because I just had tacos from another truck and had a point of comparison, but after a bite of each taco, I didn't want anymore.  I should probably give them another shot just to make sure that it wasn't a one time occurrence, but all three tacos were very very dry and flavorless.  We tried the pork belly,. chicken, and beef.  I didn't want to finish any of them, so I could save room for other trucks with better food.  The only redeemable factor on the tacos was at least they are served on corn tortillas, to be a more authentic taco.  Authenticity stops there.  That's it, that's all they get for their tacos.  :(

The tacos they bombed on, but they did the chips justice.  This was what saved them from the one star review.  They taste fresh and lightly covered in a pleasant seasoning.

No comments: