Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Brimingham, MI - Now that I'm back in the Detroit area, the deli's are everywhere. This is from the Bagel Factory in Birmingham MI. It's a nice classic jewish breakfast, bagels lox and cream cheese. These are Nova lox, which are very very good, but the best lox in my opinion is Belly Lox. It is very flavorful, but salty. So, be prepared to drink a lot of water when eating it......and throughout the day. I'm not kidding. So, this lox sandwich is actually on a multigran bagel. I felt if I was going all out for breakfast, I should be healthy too. My favorite would be on an everything bagel, but I have to make sacrifices to get the lox and cream cheese. For those of you who do not know what lox are, it's smoked salmon. It sounds weird, fish in the morning, but it's perfect. Some sandwiches come with capers, tomatoes, and onions. I don't like to get all that because it blands out the taste of the lox. Start with out it, then get the rest of the stuff next time. Enjoy!

No comments: